- This event has passed.
Weekend in Memphis
March 31 @ 8:00 am - April 4 @ 5:00 pm$100
- We will be staying at the Legendary Peabody Hotel
- Known as the “South’s Grand Hotel”
- Famous for the twice Daily Duck Walk
- 10 rooms are being held for us for just 10 days at a nightly rate of $245!!
- A Corinthian link will be available shortly. In the meantime, confirm with Leslie
- We may be able to get more rooms if we sell out in the next 10 days
- See the birthplace of Rock ‘n Roll and the heart of the blues
- Visit Graceland and tour Elvis’s private jets
- Join us on a city tour including the historic Sun Studios where Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash and many other famous singers got their start
- See the Memphis Rock and Soul Museum and the Blues Hall of Fame
- Walk along Beale Street with so many great restaurants and music venues including the BB King nightclub
- Memphis slow smoked ribs and great local cuisine
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art
- Food tour to sample various types of Southern cooking
- Visit the Memphis Pyramid along the banks of the Mississippi
o The former home of the Memphis Grizzlies is now home to the largest Bass Pro Shop in the world
o The building houses live alligators in natural habitats, fishing demonstrations and too many other activities to list here. If interested Google it.
Don’t hesitate. Rooms will book quickly at this group rate.
Let Leslie know if you want to go
It’s going to be a fun filled year for fellow Corinthians and their guests with lots of events to please everyone. Co-Commodores Kathy and Leslie have listed suggestions for our enthusiastic Activities Committee and plans are already in action. Several people have already stepped forward to lead some events. We hope that you may find several things to fit your interests on the attached flyer and join us in remaining a Corinthian. It’s not too late to get your membership dues in. It’s your opportunity to be with old friends and new, starting with Change of Watch November 7th at Maggiano’s Restaurant. If you have any other suggestions of fun things for us to do, please contact Activities Committee, Miriam Maguire, Ellyn Okrent or Jill Scheur.